Learning New Things
One silver lining in this cloud that is Covid-19 is that it gives me the opportunity to learn new skills. Some of these skills I learned by necessity, such as recording myself making a powerpoint presentation. On the other hand, the extra free time I have gives me the opportunity to try out things I have been wanting to do, just for fun.
I have been wanting to learn urban sketching. I have always considered myself hopeless when it comes to things requiring hand-eye coordination. But last year, I found this book that introduces urban sketching in a non-intimidating manner.
Yesterday, I found the time to sketch the trees in the empty lot across our house:
I don't think I produced a masterpiece, but I enjoyed myself. Indeed, one does not have to be good in something in order to enjoy it.
I have been wanting to learn urban sketching. I have always considered myself hopeless when it comes to things requiring hand-eye coordination. But last year, I found this book that introduces urban sketching in a non-intimidating manner.
Yesterday, I found the time to sketch the trees in the empty lot across our house:
I don't think I produced a masterpiece, but I enjoyed myself. Indeed, one does not have to be good in something in order to enjoy it.


Comments
Post a Comment